She had a wonderful way with words and today I’d like to share her thoughts on the power of positive thinking.
“Just mere thoughts are as powerful as electric batteries – as good for one as sunlight is, or as bad for one as poison. To let a sad thought or a bad one get into your mind is as dangerous as letting a scarlet fever germ get into your body. If you let it stay there after it has got in you may never get over it as long as you live.”
It is unimaginable to me that there are still people in the world who don’t believe in choosing positive thoughts – the thoughts that sustain you, nurture you and heal you, rather than causing you pain, anguish and suffering.
It’s not always easy, I know, to choose the positive path. Especially when the negative path has been ingrained since childhood, or when surrounded by negativity and fearful thoughts.
But I challenge you to try it. There are so many books out there that will help you with this. Here’s my top 6 favorites:
- The Power of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale
- Everyday Positive Thinking by Louise Hay
- The Path to Success is Paved with Positive Thinking: How to Live a Joy-filled Life and Make Your Dreams Come True by Wally Amos
- Positive Energy: 10 Extraordinary Prescriptions for Transforming Fatigue, Stress, and Fear into Vibrance, Strength, and Love by Judith Orloff
- The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
- Excuses Begone!: How to Change Lifelong, Self-Defeating Thinking Habits by Wayne W. Dyer
It is my strong belief that if you are fighting a major illness like cancer, your thoughts can help to heal you much more quickly if you choose positive ones! I know it helped me immensely.
If you’d like to stay connected, sign up for my free e-newsletters on the right, or “like” me on Facebook (MarnieClark.com) and I’ll do my utmost to keep you informed and empowered on your healing journey… and beyond.