Breast health is something we usually take for granted until we experience problems, but there are many things you can do to maintain healthy breasts.
Breast Health – 10 Great Things To Do
1. Obtain good hormonal balance – find out your current status through a saliva test at your naturopath’s office
2. Vigorous exercise – at least 30 minutes per day
3. Maintain a healthy weight – obesity is linked to breast cancer
4. Reduce your stress levels
5. Ensure your Vitamin D, iodine and selenium levels are adequate. And take DIM, which stands for diindolylmethane.
6. Do regular breast massage for lymph drainage and to soothe and nurture. Certain essential oils have anti-carcinogenic properties and enhance the health of your breasts. Use them daily (I do!).
7. Eat a healthy diet with plenty of fruit and vegetables, especially cruciferous vegies like broccoli, cauliflower, kale, turnips, watercress, radishes
8. Minimize alcohol intake.
9. Be breast aware to notice any changes – check yourself at least once per month. Not sure how to do it? It’s easy and only takes about 15 minutes per month – not much when you consider the life you might be saving is YOURS! Click HERE to see how to do it properly.
10. Have breast imaging on a regular basis – whether you choose traditional mammography or thermal imaging is up to you, although for myself I prefer thermal imaging. It doesn’t hurt and it actually can detect a developing tumor sooner than mammography which can only detect a tumor that has already developed. Research has shown us that the key to curing breast cancer is early detection.
Need more on Breast Health? You might like to check out my page on Diet and Cancer.