Image source freedigitalphotos.net / Stuart Miles
Feeling stressed these days? I haven’t run into anyone that hasn’t been feeling the stress of modern life. Fortunately, there are some great relaxing apps to download that will help you!
I find it funny that one of the things that stresses me (my smart phone) is also one of the things that is providing me with some soothing relief.
Stress seems to be the one thing that most breast cancer patients tell me is their constant companion, particularly in the initial phase of diagnosis, absorbing the information and getting together a treatment regimen. Most breast cancer patients have told me that they were experiencing unrelenting stress in their lives prior to their diagnosis (and that was true for me also).
So I set out to find some of the best smart phone apps I could, thinking that if your smart phone is your other constant companion, you might as well use it to help you de-stress and regain some inner peace!
7 Relaxing Apps to Download
- White noise: you can choose from ocean waves, crickets, etc. Users say it really can help put you to sleep. Available for iPhones and iPads at iTunes for $1.99.
- Yoga apps: since there are many, the link is to a great article written by Regis Chapman at appolicious.com. Regis has spent a lot of time doing the research on this one, so read the article and choose an app you like (free & various prices).
- Louise Hay Affirmation Meditations app: wonderful affirmations from Louise Hay, one of my favorite authors on the subject of healing your body and mind. Available at hayhouse.com.
- Meditations for Relaxation and Stress Reduction: from Joan Borysenko, a noted author, lecturer and healer. Available at hayhouse.com for $5.99.
- Dr Wayne Dyer Inspirations: from Dr Wayne Dyer, inspirational author, lecturer and healer. Lovely affirmation cards you can use daily to enhance your health and happiness. Available at amazon.com.
- iZen Garden for iPad: chosen as one of the top 500 apps in the world by The Sunday Times of London and much beloved by its users. Available at iTunes for $4.99.
- Relax and Rest: Guided Meditations: one user said “I have been using this app for almost a year now. It truly helps in reducing anxiety that I deal with. I think everyone should use this app once a day to stay relaxed. Or use the 24 minute program to put you right to sleep.” Available from iTunes for just under a buck!
Okay, stress bunnies – try out these apps and let me know how you like them! What other apps are you using to help yourself unwind? Let me know in the comments below.
If you would like my help with getting through breast cancer in an inspiring and ultra-healthy way, please sign up for my free e-newsletters on the right, or “like” me on Facebook (Marnie Clark, Breast Health Coach). It is my honor to help you through this.